Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Goals

I'm not very good at setting goals. I never have been. I always make these sweeping lists and tell myself I have a while to finish them. I then get lazy or intimidated and do next to nothing on the list. So I'm going to minimize goals on a monthly basis. If I can do five a month for a few months, then I can see if I can up it to ten a month, or something to that effect. Some are harder than others, what with working two jobs and whatnot. But I'll try, regardless.

With that said, here are January's goals:

--use stairs instead of escalators/elevators
--write in this blog once a week
--keep bedroom clean
--put one load of laundry in washer a night, regardless of arrival home time
--keep a food journal

The last one will be the hardest. I like to lie to myself regarding food: one cookie won't hurt (literally or figuratively), I can have one piece of candy from the front desk, etc. My weight is being maintained, but not at a level I want it. Monitoring exactly what I eat will most likely be a huge help.

No comments: